Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Funny ads

And now we pause for some commercials. It's time for some more funny vintage ads! You can see the former posts on this subject here and here.


For all the vampires out there...


...And a little something for those of you who worship the horned one! "...instant-acting 666 - start getting blessed relief...". Hm...


I guess this pill might work for both of the previous mentioned types of clients...


I don't know about you, but I know at least I would get a bit suspicious about a vibrator that is supposed to be able to make my hair soft and glossy...


"Super Shaper Buns Briefs is available with a snap-in fly front endowment pad...Specially designed and contoured to show off your manhood in the most exciting detail.". 


There is padding for everyone!!!


Good tips for anyone thinking about a singing career - start smoking!..


But if you don't like cigarets I guess there's always the good old cocaine! I don't speak Spanish, but I do understand it says in this ad that cocaine cures throat problems, just like the Lucky Strikes above! Now I understand why so many rock stars do so much drugs - it's to keep their voices in shape of course!


It also cures toothache! What a miracle medicine! Why have I never tried this?!...


Cigarets and cocaine won't protect you against everything though! A good sun shield might be good to invest in too!


"Laboratory tests over the last few years have proven that babies who start drinking soda during that early formative period have a much higher chance of gaining acceptance and "fitting in" during those awkward pre-teen and teen years. So do yourself a favor. Do your child a favour. Start them on a strict regimen of sodas and other sugary carbonated beverages right now, for a lifetime of guaranteed happiness.". This must be why I was the outsider in school - my parents didn't put me on the soda-regiment when I was a baby! I guess I might as well forget about that "lifetime of guaranteed happiness" too then...


Douching isn't anything we do here in Sweden. In fact, most women in this country doesn't even know what this is. But for you who like going through this procedure - I hope you use "Lysol". Otherwise your stench might make your husbands leave you...


...and start playing video games all to himself!


See what I mean?...
















9 comments:

  1. If I had to choose a favorite, it would be "Dr. Williams' Pink Pills for Pale People." After all, anemia and alliteration are apt advertising allies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaha!! Loved them!!! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the earlier posts, this is absolutely hilarious—and horrible at the same time...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pills for pale people? I mean, what? I love to see that Hausfrau finds my favourite her too, I mean what exactly do they do? I'm a bit peaky looking these days, maybe I could do with one! Great selection of advertisements.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROFL, the 'padding' ads are just the funniest thing ever!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is probably a very dumb question, but were these ads real???!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No questions are dumb questions! ;) And the answer is YES! That's really what's so funny with them. I've done two other posts on funny ads earlier. It's weird how that things that are completely out of the question today, was normal back in the "good old days", as they're called...If you're interested in some REALLY horrible examples of ads, here are the other two posts:

      http://missmeadowsvintagepearls.blogspot.se/2011/10/funny-ads.html

      http://missmeadowsvintagepearls.blogspot.se/2011/08/more-funny-ads.html

      xox

      Delete
    2. The "cola is good for babies" ad is not real
      http://hoaxes.org/weblog/comments/start_cola_earlier_says_the_soda_pop_board_of_america

      Delete
    3. Thank you for the info! As most of these ads ARE real, the Cola one just seemed to fit into the bunch. Haha! :)

      Delete

Hyper Smash