Monday, July 16, 2012

American Car Show

Today I'm going to write about something different from the usual pretty, girly stuff - cars! One hour north of Stockholm lies a very picturesque, old town called Norrtälje. Every summer the last thirty-five years an event called "American Car Show" has been taking place in the "Society Park" here. People come from all over the world to show off their old, amazing cars, or to just look at all these chromed vehicles, and dream...


This Saturday was the day for this year's show, and the weather was perfect for strolling around in the park - which is situated right beside the water. The visitors that didn't arrive by land, arrived by water, as you could see from the amount of boats at the docks.


From the stage different bands played old school rock'n'roll all day long! While writing this I actually remember performing on that stage sometime a long time ago...

And then we come to the cars! There were so many!




This was one of my favorites. It reminds me of the Addams Family's car!





Of course I had to be photographed with the sexiest car I could find! This is "Miss Polly" - an Austin 7 from 1933. She can reach the incredible speed of 75km/h (46m/h), so hold on to your hats ladies and gentlemen!


Here is what she looks like on the inside...


...and her highly modern motor!


If I could have chosen one car though, this would have been it! The Excalibur!


The magnificent front! 








When I went through these pictures I discovered I had managed not only to capture myself in this lantern-self portrait, but also my dad! 


My sister made use of the outside-gym in the park to work on her surfer-balance!








Not sure this cat was so happy...


Not the best car, but certainly the best plate!




I saw so many cars I want this day! Right now I just feel like putting on a pretty dress and a nice pair of shades, tune into an old time radio channel, and go cruzin' in my very own chromed beast!...If I had one...




























11 comments:

  1. Love these photos Miss Meadows, it seems like a really good day out to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finfina bilar hörru. Snygga former och färger. Jag har fått inbjudan att åka i en tidig sextitalsbil på STHM cruising i augusti. Du kan väl hänga med om du vill?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Låter kul! Om jag é ledig under STHM cruising följer jag gärna med! :D

      Delete
  3. I LOVE old cars and car shows..thanks to my Uncle who remodels them. This day out would suit me just dandy :)) I saw some old cars actually while I was away, ones to swipe really ;) Glad you had a lot of fun, you looked marvelous!! Hope you have been well while I was away, missed your posts and such too :) I hope you have a gorgeous week beautiful flower!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that blue Cadillac! The distinctive triangular front bump is a win-win! It’s always been my dream to own a 1940 Cadillac. But until I do, I think I’ll just be content with seeing the Cadillac at vintage car shows. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to own one of those one say too! But until then - look but don't touch... ;) xx

      Delete
  5. Wohoo! My blood is always pumping every time I see vintage cars on display in car shows like this! It gets me excited, actually. If Nettie loves that blue Cadillac, I'm going for the red one! :D The white walled rims and chromed bumpers captured my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel...I'm not a girl who's really into cars, but when I see cars like THESE!!!! WANT!!! ;D

      Delete
  6. Vintage cars were still the most sophisticated ride until the digital era. Their timeless beauty will never fade as long as we – vintage car aficionados and aficionadas -- are here =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! When I left the show and walked past all the modern cars parked outside, they all looked so extremely boring! And then I looked around at what the "modern" people were wearing, and felt the same way about them... ;) xx

      Delete
  7. Hey, Vanessa! "Timeless" is the perfect word to describe these vintage cars. I mean, even though they're past their era, most car enthusiasts always look for these cars in car shows. And even car show organizers always include these cars to be displayed. This only proves that history can never be removed, especially in the car industry.

    ReplyDelete

Hyper Smash