Monday, November 11, 2013

Caput Mundi International Burlesque Awards - Part 1

November 1-3 Caput Mundi International Burlesque Award went down - for the first time - with a bang in the middle of Italy's beautiful capital, Rome! I had never been to Rome before, so going there to perform was great! The organizers behind the festival were Albadoro Gala and Dixie Ramone - aka The Missunderstanding, and they did a great job!

So, here is what happened on the first day - Friday. The event took place at Teatre Centrale Carlsberg in the center of Rome. The stage looked old fashioned and was perfect for a bit of burlesque striptease!


Photo: Christine Engström


My sister Christine had come with me to Rome - something I was very happy about since my Pain Demon was being very annoying! Having someone you can trust close to you when you're in a lot of pain makes things easier. Sis had brought her camera, and here she caught me backstage putting red glitter on my lips.


Photo: Christine Engström


Here I am with the lovely Mrs Mystique, just before she attacked me...


Photo: Christine Engström


Don't get too close to pretty geishas! They might turn out to be demons. I learnt that the hard way...




Then the show started, with Jack Woodhead on the grand piano! Other performers were:








Before mentioned Mrs Mystique!
































And me! I did my "Arabian Nights" act, which I end by pouring glitter over myself out of an Aladdin lamp. Since I was too tired to take a shower when I came back to the motel that night, I woke up with very sparkly sheets the next morning. Haha!




Erochica Bamboo did a guest performance, and in the intermission there was an auction to collect money for the building of a school in Dharavi, India. Most performers brought something to sell. My object was a pair of worn out pointe shoes. 




The Friday was actually a competition, to crown the best newcomer with the title "Papessa of Burlesque". The winner was Betty Q, who here can be see with her crown - a pink, sparkling replica of the Colosseum! 




All performers got goodiebags too! Inside it I found some very useful stuff: Pretty pasties from Zou Zou, and a 10 Euro discount card and a Power Bullet - a little vibrator - from Alcova. Tired, but happy, we then returned to our hostel - The Yellow - where most of us stayed. The next day was the second show day of Caput Mundi. But more about that on Wednesday...


All photos marked "Bichard", by John Paul Bichard.





























2 comments:

  1. Looks amazing doll!! You look marvellous, am so glad you got to go and have a great show!! No doubt, you'll be travelling all over the world soon :)))) All the other acts look fantastic too, am glad your sister was there with you, so sweet :))) Have a gorgeous new week doll xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why you are my kind of girl...we love the carnival and our weird and wonderful people ;-) You can do your dancing, I'll do my singing and we will hypnotize the people at our circus of delights ;-) So sorry to hear of your flu doll, not good. I hope you get much better soon, wrap up and take good care!! Yes, go to the website and find some pretties :)))) *hands you pretty tissues* <3 <3 <3 ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hyper Smash