Saturday, February 15, 2014

Full Moon


Photo: Don Hong-Oai. Source



To get some better videos of my burlesque acts than the iPhone videos from performances I already have, I recently had two of my numbers filmed in a studio, with the help of photographer Qbike. As my newest act is all about the moon, I thought it fitting to post the video of that one in today's Full Moon post! The music I'm using is a remix of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, done by E.S. Posthumus. I had to speed it up a little bit though, to make it better to dance to. I've noticed I've made it very difficult for myself by always using pointe shoes in my acts, as ballet might look a bit ridiculous if you can't take out the steps properly - and many stages you end up on as a burlesque dancer are quite small (which was also the case with this studio stage), and the floor of the stages vary a lot, sometimes being very non-pointe shoe friendly... The stage floor in this video was wholly carpeted for example, which screwed up my balance a bit. But I guess all of these challenges make you a better dancer in the end. I mean, why should anything be easy here in life?! Haha! So here it is - my Moonlight Sonata act!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Hyper Smash